Re: sorry, but ZO6 Vett again - sorry is right :-)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sorry, but ZO6 Vett again - sorry is right :-)
From: LWOLFRACIN@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 23:35:05 EDT
In a message dated 8/25/00 4:22:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-ax-digest@autox.team.net writes:

<< the Z06 is a HARDTOP, not a coupe

 once again, the coupe is NOT a Z06, the HARDTOPs are

~~~John,
  not to be anal here but......A coupe is a pillar-less hardtop, with no side
window frames, since the Vette has no quater glass none of the Vettes have
window pillars, so if you have a 2 door Corvette that has no side window
frames and isn't a targa top(t-tops are still considered coupes) and has a
solid non removeable roof then it ia a coupe, what I'm saying here is there
is no differance between the two roofs no matter what you call them, in
1971-1972 Oldsmobile had two distinctly diffrent roofs, the "Holiday Coupe"
and the standard roof one was a fastback design and the other was a notch
back, both were still coups, same with the 1965-1973 Mustangs. My 1984 RX-7
has fully framed windows, therefore it is a 2 door hardtop yet some will
still call it a coupe, but they are incorrect.
  Mostly this confusion on terminology is becuase of different marketing
departments blatant ignorance of proper nomenclature ie. true roadsters don't
have side windows(glass) they have snap in side curtains.
  After restoring a vast variaty of cars over the last 15 or so years I get a
little anal over these details. Feel free to flame away, I'm a big boy and
can take it.

"Buy what you want. Fix what you can. And remember, if you had all of the
 money that you've spent on cars, you would spend it all on cars."

Kurt"Wolfgang"Peterson
CSP/ITS #22
1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE
1985 Buick Regal T-Type WH-1