RE: Nationals entries

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Nationals entries
From: "Scott Phelps" <scott_phelps@gdt1.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:24:44 -0400
>>> "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org> writes: 08/17/00

>DSP, on the other hand, is a little more suprising....
>===========================
>Not surprising to me. It's darn hard to beat those pesky X-19s and there's
>only like 8 non-cancered-out examples of  'em left around the country.  That
>and since Fiat's dealership network is pretty well gone, I'd bet that each
>of those 8 car owners have several parts cars sitting in the back yard.  ;^)

I think the fact that all the whiney VW guys got their "i"  FSP class this year
has a lot more to do with it. I know it decimated the ranks of DSP in the NER
region. (10-12 FSP entrants on average and 1-3 in DSP this year)

Makes for a slow year for DSP, as the current crop of cars that are classed
there now may or may not exist in SP form for a year or two.  Takes most people
time to build a good SP car.

Scott Phelps
88 Yugo GVX #81 EP - NER
(owner of 2.5 Fiat X1/9's, one destined for DP in a year or so)