RE: Nationals entries

To: <autox@autox.team.net>, Scott Phelps <scott_phelps@gdt1.com>
Subject: RE: Nationals entries
From: miket <miket@interaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 00 14:42:55 -0500
Scott,

I agree.  I think there are a number of "new" DSP cars that may be able to
compete with the x1/9s, such as the Prelude, maybe the Neon, Integra GSR???.
It will be another year or more before many show up though.

I will be doing my best with my 1988 Grand Am with a Quad4 that I have been
working on for a few year and had been running is ESP until it was moved to
DSP this year.  I hope some others out there buld up some other cars and give
the X1/9s a run!!!

Anyone out there have serious DSP plans for a Prelude or Neon???

Mike Taylor

>I think the fact that all the whiney VW guys got their "i"  FSP class this
year has a lot more to do with it. I know it decimated the ranks of DSP in the
NER region. (10-12 FSP entrants on average and 1-3 in DSP this year)

>Makes for a slow year for DSP, as the current crop of cars that are classed
there now may or may not exist in SP form for a year or two.  Takes most
people time to build a good SP car.