Re: new classifications

To: Ghsharp@aol.com
Subject: Re: new classifications
From: colan arnold <carnold@netins.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 17:34:41 -0500
Another thing that I think is important to remember is the process for classing
cars. Mid year class changes don't just happen on a whim.  Please see 3.2 on
page
54 of the 2000 Solo rule book.  Any class change, except for the first year
after
a car is initially classified requires Board of Director approval.

The basic car classification process works as follows:

Members and the Stock Committee propose changes. The SEB reviews and publishes
for comment the proposed changes. Depending upon the comments, this publish and
review process will take from one to N times. Only after passing the SEB publish
and review process does a classification change (other than the initial year)
get
sent to the BOD for approval. If the proposal passes the BOD, typical
implementation is on the following January 1.