AWD cars at ProSolos

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: AWD cars at ProSolos
From: "Eric H. Kriemelmeyer" <magilla@olg.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 14:40:24 -0400
Well, when you are giving up hundreds of pounds to the competition to have
AWD, it seems fair to me. Maybe we should have seperate classes for cars
with limited slip differentials in the front or rear too.
Im not flaming you, just getting a little sick of people thrashing AWD as
some sort of competitive advantage in stock class. Name one car with AWD
other than the eclipse/talon that does well at National level events other
than ProSolo in a stock class, recently. And which car is it that you are
complaining about. See a pattern? So ProSolo is a form of motorsports that
rewards the AWD (note- this is only at the start). I have only been doing
this for a little over a year, and am very excited about doing well at a
National level. I have worked very hard to improve my skills, studied,
watched, listened and most of all driven at events. For what, so someone can
tell me I have a ringer of a car because its AWD, I dont think so. Its the
person driving the AWD cars if you ask me. I posted 2.04 second 60' times at
Petersburg, because I went and practiced drag racing. Not simply because I
was driving AWD, I was on street tires no less. Its all reaction time, then
power to the ground.
Once again, Im not flaming you, just posting my opinion. Everyone is
entitled to one and thats mine.

Eric Kriemelmeyer
STS #94
Silver 99 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS