RE: event synopsis

To: "Autocross List" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: event synopsis
From: "Thomas VandenOever" <tavandy1@airmail.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 22:54:47 -0600
Dallas Fort Worth Equipe Rapide

> Seeking input on your autoxing area.

> How long is your season?
February through November

> How many events in that season?
10
> What kind of courses are run (technical, open, top speed, etc.)?
> What condition is the surface in?

Penington Field; Bedford Texas, small course area, usually technical
courses, good quality concrete,  top speed "E stock" 50MPH, great facilities
(bathroom with running water, McDonalds across street)

Mineral Well Airport; Mineral Wells Texas, large course area, usually
technical courses, old asphalt (gravelly with frequent grass cracks), top
speed "E stock" 60MPH, porta poties and hot dog wagon.

Texas Motor Speedway; Roanoke, Texas (That's what their site says), usually
technical courses, large course area (parking lot for Nascar fans), brand
new ashphault (glorious),top speed "E stock" 60MPH,   long haul to rest
rooms, no food at site usually. Only run here when money allows. Very pricey
lot.

> How many runs can be had at an event, including extra runs?
4 regular class runs with 2 Rapide Pax runs (for more info visit our web
page @
http://autocross.com/er/ )

> What's the typical turnout and how long does the event usually take?
70-130

> What caliber of drivers are at the event, any national winners?
Texas Region SCCA National Champions from Texas Region SCCA galore at most
E.R. events.
Usually a large novice contingent also.

> Feel free to add any questions and answers.
Hot in Florida. Yea right. Have you ever autocrossed at 110 F + with surface
temps of 130 degs?

> Has this study been done before?

Tom VandenOever
#7 ES TexasRegion SCCA and DFW Equipe Rapide