re: event synopsis

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: re: event synopsis
From: Thomas L Brewsaugh <dragonflyc@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 20:58:02 -0500
Gulfcost Autocrossers, Ltd   Ft. Myers Fl.

Our season starts in Jan. and runs thru Dec. We have started taking  July
& Aug. off just to hot in south Fl.

That make 10 points events. We do hold special events as requested by
other organizations

Old Air Base 1942 vintage concrete. 400' wide 1/2 mile long some break up
but not a problem

4 runs per event as the course is a mile long. The day before is a test &
tune day,course is 1/2 mile long participants average 15-20 runs. Same
course used each month for test & tune so you've got a constant to
evaluate set up changes.

Courses are a mix of technical and open depending on who lays out the
course. With the room we have some times you'll find a very technical
section that leads into a more open area.

Average turn out 55-60 we have had up to 117. First car out 10.30 finish
up around 4:00

We have the full range of drivers novice to national champions, Danny &
Sharon Shields are regulars

P.S. free lunch provided both days for competitors

Tom Brewsaugh
V.P.- Chief of Timing

Why pay more to get Web access?