Re: Require SCCA membership?

To: Gemery@aol.com
Subject: Re: Require SCCA membership?
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 11:08:42 -0800

Gemery@aol.com wrote:

> Okay, before everybody clogs my mailbox:
>
> Oregon Region already charges an extra $5 per event for nonmembers.  The
> proposal is in light of fielding 120-180 drivers per event day (we do morning
> and afternoon sessions) with a small site that's comfortably busy with 120
> drivers.

So the intention here is to limit the attendance then. I am not sure why
SCCA membership should be a factor. It would make more sense, IMHO, to
just set a maximum limit, and have people sign up. That only hurts those
that procrastinate. It bites to turn away drivers, but that to me makes
more sense than an artificial criteria like SCCA membership.

Randy Chase