Re: AS or AP TVR??

To: hottvr@tfs.net, randyc2@home.com
Subject: Re: AS or AP TVR??
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 16:17:25 EDT
In a message dated 5/28/99 5:42:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time, hottvr@tfs.net
writes:

> Call it what you want. The #'s in C-Stock were stacked against the car.
>  Limited production cars such as the TVR will always be political footballs
>  for SCCA.
>  I think thats just the way things are. To think that politics don't play a
>  part in
>  how a car is classed is silly.

Okay, I call it fair classing.  Or, correcting an error.  I was on the SCAC
from '86-97, and I always thought that 6 cyl. TVRs had TR-6 based engines.  I
also never knew that they were as light as they are.  So, I believe it's not
fair to class a car that's several hundred pounds lighter, has higher torque,
and the most adjustible suspension with these other cars.  And quite frankly,
SCCA doesn't usually screw owners of cars built in the thousands to allow a
car imported in the low hundreds to be an overdog.

Call it politics, if you want, but the highest number of people are
competitive this way.

CHD