Re: Rear Seats

To: richard nichols <rnichol1@san.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Rear Seats
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 13:02:22 -0700

richard nichols wrote:
> That kind of weight reduction, especially on a rear drive car, might not
> only have very minimal benefit, but could even be a detriment.  For example,
> Mustangers commonly run their cars with tanks filled to the absolute top, to
> get more rear weight bias (though I do the opposite on my own nose-light
> Mustang, right, Randy Chase?!).

Good call Richard. Exactly. I want to remove as much rear weight as
possible and removing front weight MAY hurt my handling. I tried running
my car with a small battery (located frontwards and low) instead of the
heavy monstrosity that came with the MR2 and found I developed a lot
more push.

So, I took off the extra heavy aftermarket muffler, and today, in fact
minutes ago, have takenan extra step to reduce rear weight. You can see
the preliminary results at the Divisional. 8-)

Randy Chase (trying to reduce his rearend weight) 8-P
'91 MR2 CS