Re: Street Tire Handicap

To: talon-95@worldnet.att.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Street Tire Handicap
From: RacerRay52@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 10:25:10 EDT
In a message dated 5/10/99 7:05:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
talon-95@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< Those "fancy" autox tires are cheaper than most of the better street tires
 (in the larger sizes/diameters at least).>>

     That is probably generally true as long as you are talking about huge
tires and the truly "better" ones. That is, the very highest priced ones.  I
don't think any company even makes an exotic, very pricey street tire to fit
my 4.5 in wide rims. If they do, I wouldn't buy them. I'm happy with my
moderately priced and extremely long wearing all purpose [autox&street] tires
as long as my competitors are on street tires. Any street tires.

Ray