Re: May 1999 Cover

To: Todd Farris <toddf@pop.tamu.edu>
Subject: Re: May 1999 Cover
From: Eric Moon <moon-7@blazenet.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 09:46:45 -0400
>Turbo sez:
>
>Normally, I would not even consider a protest like that but since the SCCA
>is so assanine about their decals.  I would bust him to the ground.  It
>seems, as in many organizations, there are those that are above the rules
>and get away with it.  If you think I am bitter about it, I spent a lot of
>money on my paint job a week before nationals.  The scca in its ultimate
>wisdom said I had to place the decals on my brand new paint right in the
>center of one of the flames.  Upon removal, I managed to pull the clear
>coat off!!!!!  If there was another game in town, I would play it
>first!!!!!!
>Turbo Toddie
>CP96 Turbo Trans Am

That definitely sucks a**, dude!!
However, it could have been avoided.
Next time try this trick:

Use electrical tape, stuck to the adhesive side of the required decal.
Cover the entire adhesive area with the sticky side of the electrical tape
out, in place of the sticker's adhesive backing.  Trim any excess tape.
Electrical tape has a very low tack, and comes off super-duper easy without
marring paint!!!
That's what I do when I have to put an 'ugly' sticker on my car for the day
or weekend.
Try it!!

Eric

Eric Moon