May 1999 Cover

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: May 1999 Cover
From: garyk98@home.com (Gary K)
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 04:25:21 GMT
I was admiring the cover photo of the new AP BMW M3, it is beautiful,
and something caught my eye.  I believe the picture was taken at the
National Tour in San Diego, just as it says in the TOC (just look at
the windshield and the tech stickers).  My question is where are the
required logos per section 3.7 in the rule book?  3.7 in the 1998
edition (on hand) which should be the same as in the 1999 edition
(with the car).  Basically the rule states 1 logo on each side.

I see the SCCA logo on the front bumper, not on the side, and no
National Tour logos anywhere.

I know this will stir it up, but I am curious on how this got past
tech inspection.  I know when you go through registration they ask if
you have the required stickers and if not they have them available.
Is this rule enforceable?  Should it have gotten past tech?  Is this a
weenie protest waiting to happen?

Curious,

Gary Kramar
'89 F440 FM

Yes, our car has the required stickers on both sides, but we are
running out of room.