Re: Weenie talk scaring the newbies

To: otgrouch@twosrus.com
Subject: Re: Weenie talk scaring the newbies
From: Pat MacAvoy <patmac@tridelta.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 07:53:55 -0500 (EST)
Just in case you haven't had enough people yelling at you about this...

> From: "David Hawkins" <otgrouch@twosrus.com>
>
> This has nothing to do with mirrors, but I'm just looking
> for other opinions.
>
> In Meridian, there was a participant in a class who did not
> have any class marking on his car.  He had some fairly
> professional looking numbers and other decals, but no
> class markings.  He was told about this by at least three
> people, as well as it being announced over the PA during
> one of his runs.  The only other participant in the class
> chose not to protest over this, even when the chief of impound
> pointed it out.
>
> Here's my swing on it....*I* would have protested the guy.

I think that would not be in 'good sportsmanship'.  I would have spoken to the
  event stewards and had them protest the guy.  If they weren't willing, I'd
  start lobbying other drivers to remove thier markings, since they aren't
  required.

Then let T&S force the issue.

FWIW, most of the clubs I run with locally won't allow a car out without
  class markings.  I'm amazed that would be allowed at a Tour event.

pat(my cars usually aren't short of markings)mac
Pat MacAvoy
a.k.a. konekiller@tridelta.com
84 CS RX7 GSL-SE (for sale, see http://www.suite224.net/~patmac)
88 CS 924S-SE (CS gun)