Re: Weenie talk scaring the newbies

To: "Randy Chase" <randyc2@home.com>, <dg50@daimlerchrysler.com>
Subject: Re: Weenie talk scaring the newbies
From: "David Hawkins" <otgrouch@twosrus.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 17:48:13 -0600
This has nothing to do with mirrors, but I'm just looking
for other opinions.

In Meridian, there was a participant in a class who did not
have any class marking on his car.  He had some fairly
professional looking numbers and other decals, but no
class markings.  He was told about this by at least three
people, as well as it being announced over the PA during
one of his runs.  The only other participant in the class
chose not to protest over this, even when the chief of impound
pointed it out.

Here's my swing on it....*I* would have protested the guy.
This is a National level event, with contingency money at
stake.  There were several people running the event who
used electrical tape to put class letters and numbers that
followed the rule book on their cars.  A couple even used
shoe polish (not IAW the book, but at least they did
SOMETHING). After being told by several people, he still
ignored it.

So....am I a weenie for feeling this way?  Anyone else
think it was worthy of protest?  I think it's just as important
to win because you didn't blatantly fly in the face of the
rules as it is to beat someone on course.

David Hawkins
85 Mr2 ITA/CSP 37
TLS #15