Re: Image Awareness

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Image Awareness
From: Rocky Entriken <RENTRIKEN/0003006623@MCIMAIL.COM>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 19:19:46 -0500 (EST)
surprising amount of traffic posing the question of why do women need a
separate series.

Perhaps to show that they can actually do this, but finally have an opportunity
outside of the old-boy network (or, within a newly formed old-gal network) to
prove it?

Perhaps as a way to provoke more interest in racing amongst our wives, girl
friends, mothers, daughters, significant others and friends of the female
persuasion, so that when we talk about the line the driver of that car took
entering that turn we don't get met with a blank stare?

Perhaps as a very clever marketing gimmick to increase interest in racing in
general, which spills over to the benefit of us all -- to the point in some
cases of increasing potential sponsor awareness?

Or, perhaps just ... why not? Sit back and enjoy the show, and perhaps as is
delightfully the case for many of us, revel in the fact that we know several of
the players.

Me, i'm not flapping about women having a series, I'm enjoying that five
AUTOCROSSERS made the cut. I enjoy that just as much as when autocrosswer Jeff
Altenburg won at the  Runoffs, or autocrosser Randy Pobst won the first (sadly,
of only two) Supertouring championships, or anybody from the autox world scores
big as he climbs the motorsport ladder. These gals - Shauna, Jean, Belinda,
Linda, Marty - they is us. Enjoy the moment!

You go, girl(s)!

--Rocky