autox-cm

Re: FF2000 proposal in Solo II CM class

To: tyson@irobot.com
Subject: Re: FF2000 proposal in Solo II CM class
From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@netins.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 17:54:31 -0600
Tyson:

You may want to be a little careful with the "reply all".  It looks like
your response went to the SEB.  They get enough mail as it is!  :-)

Please see below.

Greg Scharnberg
94 Citation SF - FC
82 Ralt RT5 - BM

At 05:35 PM 12/8/2003 -0500, tyson@irobot.com wrote:
--------------------------------- snip---------------
Formula Ford offers a low cost car that handles well and can be setup to
handle the way you like.  Additionally, I will be competing against other
cars whos performance is nearly identical to the one I'm driving.  The best
part is that some of the cheapest Formula Fords seem to be the best choices
for Solo applications.  Change this and I will be looking for someplace
else to spend my time and money.

I don't believe that a nationally competitive CM car is inexpensive and
there are lots of poor choices out there in the "cheapest Formula Ford"
category.  But, an inexpensive car that is well driven can contend for a
trophy at Nationals.  And, they are all fun to drive!

I see BM as very poorly defined with arbitrary rules changes from the GCR
cars they are supposed to be but generally aren't, as well as being too
expensive.

I have been a competitor in what is now BM since 1976 and there have been
almost no rule changes!  But, the "best car for the class" has been
redefined several times!  :-)  Can't argue about the "expensive".