autox-cm

RE: FF2000 proposal in Solo II CM class

To: "Godula, Gary (G.M.)" <ggodula@ford.com>
Subject: RE: FF2000 proposal in Solo II CM class
From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@netins.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 17:39:37 -0600
Yup, a tiepoo.

My feeling is that the F2000 car (not all of FC) would not be a killer, any
more than the S2 has been.  At the same time, I do not think the F2000
should be added to CM.

The problem is the vacuum that the SEB must act in.  When I was on the SEB,
I suggested that a Formula Ford class would be very popular (they ran BM)
but the rest of the board disagreed.  I got it put out as a "for comment"
in the minutes and we got ZERO responses.

I wish there was a way to make FC and old FB cars competitive in BM because
we could use more cars.  (Maybe we can allow them to weigh 800 lbs!:-)  I
really don't know if anyone would bother to bring out an F2000 just for an
exhibition class.  And if I was looking to add another "race car" class, it
would be Spec Miata.

Oh well, at least we are having fun!

Greg Scharnberg
94 Citation SF (FF2000)