RE: Brakes binding and overheating.

To: Ian Spencer <ian@sunbeamalpine.org>, Al Adams <aradams@gte.net>
Subject: RE: Brakes binding and overheating.
From: Jarrid Gross <JGross@econolite.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 09:09:24 -0800
Here is something to ponder that I have seen before
on alpines.

The master cylinder requires that the reservior feed hole be
uncovered by the piston when the brake is not pressed.
If it is not fully un-covered, the pressure doesnt relieve
itself in the high pressure circuits (IE brake lines).
This anomily is an exact fit to explain your woes.
Ive heard of catastrophic brake seisure becuase of such
a condition.

Ive seen cases where the wrong MC, or too long of MC
actuator rod, or the MC spacer has been removed without
consideration for the detail that I have just mentioned.

Jarrid Gross