Pertronics Problems

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pertronics Problems
From: CANISDOG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 11:44:27 EST
Has anyone had problems get the timing right with the Pertronics ingnition
system.  I have had to "flip" my distributor 180 degrees to get the timing
right.
With the distributor in the standard position (vacume advance on block side)
the vacume advance hits the block before correct timing can be made.  If I move
the wires one position...then I have my vacume advance all up in my dip stick!
I called Pertronics and they said this should be a "drop in application" and I
should not have to move my distributor.  They had me check the voltage and
everything checks out.  (not using the ceramic resistor)
Any input would be nice.  Bought it from SS and had Pertronics check out the
number on it, they said it is the right one for the application.

Paul
Colorado