RE: Pertronics Problems

To: <JGross@econolite.com>, <hamilton@accesswave.ca>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Pertronics Problems
From: CANISDOG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 18:28:42 EST
Jarrid,
That is what I am talking about!  I don't want to move my Dist. 20-25 degrees
to make this thing work.  And I should not have to.

Paul

"The advance hook on the 25D lucas rotor only provides for around 20 degrees
of mechanical advance, so if you rotate the distributor 22.5 degrees
to compensate for the sensor not being mounted in phase with the
rotor, then the spark will occur when the rotor is NOT pointing
at the proper plug wire.
This results in weak spark at that plug, or misfire to the closest
cap terminal.