Re: eBay Item

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: eBay Item
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 08:53:08 -0500
At 8:34 PM -0500 11/20/06, Robert M. Lang wrote:
>Just as an "exercise", look at the pix and see if you can spot some of the
>same stuff that jumped out at me.

Here are a few things I noticed:
- colored trunk carpet; should be black
-wiper arms mounted backwards; "cranked" arm should be on right side
-modified shift lever; bent lower than normal
-extra warning lamps on dash
-car appears to have overdrive, not originally fitted judging from
commission number
-warning lamp on speedo; what's that?
-all emission equipment removed from engine

The biggest flaw I see is that the odometer reading is coincidentally
the same as the number of miles since restoration. There is no way
this car has only 261 miles on it and someone is guilty of odo
tampering. I'd say the current bid is a fair price for the car; it
looks very nice.
--
Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (29 year owner)