Re: eBay Item

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: eBay Item
From: grego@sandesco.com
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:40:51 -0800
Quoting "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>:

> Hi,
>
> Every now and then, I look at the various Triumph "offerings" on eBay.
> There's a very nice looking TR6 for sale, ironically about 35 miles from
> my house. eBay item # 320049716929
> Don't get me wrong - it looks like a nice car, but if I was buying the car
> as a concours candidate, there's a lot of "deductions". In fact, a tough
> VTR judging might put the car quite a bit below 350 points. Yikes.
>
> But there's one detail that bug me. I'll give a hint, it's related to
> the engine.
>
> Whattaya think?

Well, it seems a bit odd that it would look like it was built
to be "original spec" but yet have a new tweak here and there
and not go farther...

The mod choices there don't look too bad. I mean a modern stereo
is essential, if you want to listen to something besides the motor
that is. Personally I hardly ever turned mine on :)
Full smog streamlining is an easy choice.
Not sure I would have added the shift light, but hey.

The things that jump out to me are the tach cable box/shift light
and the dodgy finish on the dash. The glove box is a different
finish than the rest of the dash and the cut out for the lock
shows bare wood, ugh. Looks like some knob rearrangements.

All in all it is a pretty car, and clean. Wonder what the reserve is.

-grego