Running a flushing agent through your trannie?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Running a flushing agent through your trannie?
From: Bruce Simms <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 13:58:29 -0400 (EDT)
I'm draining my A Type OD trannie before pulling it for clutch work.   Ther
were the usual clutch issues involving grinding and clashing with 1st and
especially reverse. The list has given great clutch advice. At least a broken
pin.

  I have magnetic  trannie and OD drainplugs to pick up the wear and tear.
Hopefully no big bits. Fingers crossed that my trannie will still be alright
when we pull the cover to take a look and feel for slop.

  Is it advisable to flush the trannie with some sort of cleaner?    What would
I use?     I guess I would slosh it around  a bit by moving the trannie around
on my bench.

  I remember a junkyard mechanic recommending diesel fuel to clean my old Volvo
engine.  After draining the oil , I filled it with diesel. idled it for 2-3
minutes and it came out black.

  Bruce Simms
  73 TR6