Re: LUK Clutch

To: Seth Glassman <76tr6@optonline.net>, 6 Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LUK Clutch
From: Jim Jones <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:54:38 -0800 (PST)
Seth:

  It may be that the "supercharged" tag in your signature answered your own
question. I'm no expert on these things, but one would wonder if the original
clutch was design would withstand the torque produced by a motor with a blower
as long as it would in a stock car. You didn't say how long you've had your
blower installed, so it's hard to from this distance to know if there's a
definite correlation terms of how many chewed up clutches it's responsible for,
if any. Depending on how deeply you press the Go-Pedal, one could reasonably
presume that the life of your drive live will be shorter than with a stock
motor.

  You might try contacting Ted Schumacher at TSI to see if he has any
suggestions, FWI.

  At any rate, I'll bet your car is a blast to drive! Definitely not for "girly
men"!

  Good luck!
  Jim