Re: LUK Clutch

To: Seth Glassman <76tr6@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: LUK Clutch
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:37:00 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Seth Glassman wrote:

[stuff deleted]

> Regards,
> Seth Glassman
> '76 TR6 (Supercharged)

Hmmm... is there any chance that your increased power from the
supercharger might effect the life of the clutch? Is/was the clutch
slipping or do you have more broken clutch fingers?

I'm not trying to be funny, but I've noticed that the stock clutch and a
hopped up motor and liberal application of the throttle can lead to
significantly shortened clutch life. In the case of my race car, the
clutch life was way less than 1000 miles, but that was a B&B.

You might need to look into a better clutch setup because of the added
power of the engine.

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx