RE: Suspension Rebuild Opinions Wanted

To: "'Gary R.'" <gary@tpartners.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Suspension Rebuild Opinions Wanted
From: "Joseph Grant" <z28quetzal@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 09:11:34 -0400
I have my TR6 completely apart, and for sure, it will be put back together
with polyurethane bushings.  NO question about it.

However, I have a question: what is the consensus on the type of bushings to
use for the differential?  Would polyurethane be too harsh?  In my case, I
will have a local machine shop strengthen the bolts and the brackets that
hold the diff in place.  Actually, one is broke already - one of the ones on
the passenger's side.

So, is poly or rubber the choice for the rear diff mounts?

Thanks,
Joe
CC77169