RE: shaking steering wheel

To: "Alan" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>, <Lizirbydavis@cs.com>
Subject: RE: shaking steering wheel
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:41:36 -0700
        Al:

        Try having your wheels balanced with the trim rings in place. I have
found that
the techs at the local tire shop always balance with the trim rings removed, and
then reinstall the rings. If the trim ring is out of balance, then you still
have
problems.
        The last time I had the shakes on my TR7, rebalancing didn't cure it.
Took it
to a local import car mechanic (works on lots o' British stuff) and he
suggested the
spin balance with the trim rings on. The techs looked at me like I was crazy,
but guess
what? No more shake.

        Vance