Re: shaking steering wheel

To: jswarth1@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: Re: shaking steering wheel
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 22:33:02 EDT
Jim
The old Dunlop wire wheels were out of round and "un"-true.  The guys at
Hendrix wire wheel in Greensboro NC shaved the new tires to round, and did the
best they could to "true" the wheels, but they were too far gone.  Therefore, I
bought new Dayton wheels.  I checked the run-out before the tires were mounted,
and the wheels required no adjustment.  Unfortunately, the shaking is as bad
with the new "true" wheels if not worse than with the old wheels.
Joe Davis