RE: Stuck Bonnet

To: <JASandPJS@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Stuck Bonnet
From: "WenAl Hart" <wenal@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 08:56:50 -0600
Hi John,

This might sound silly but I had this happen to me once. I'd pull on the
release cable and the bonnet wouldn't release. What I found in my situation
was that everything worked, but the fastener wasn't pulling far enough away
to disengage from the catch lever assembly. Upon closer inspection, I
discovered the fitting & screw the release cable feeds through on the catch
lever had loosened over time, allowing the cable to slip through and now the
cable was too long to release the fastener completely.

I fixed the problem by pulling the cable back through the fitting by an inch
or so (your results may vary), re-tightened the fitting and lubed the
fastener. I also check it nowadays at least once a year to make sure
everything's holding together. Hope this has helped.

Cheers,
Wendy Hart
1975 TR6
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/wenal/index_files/page0008.htm