o/d conversion

To: <Lizirbydavis@cs.com>, <jtarnow@lehman.com>, <red_tr250@hotmail.com>,
Subject: o/d conversion
From: "Gary Johns" <garyj@transchem.com.au>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 16:06:45 +1000
Yep, you're right, the J type o/d box is sitting in my garage in Sydney.
I never thought you American blokes liked overdrive gearboxes. There might
be an opportunity to gather them up and ship them over to you guys. Let me
know!
In the 60's and 70's we had a lot a Triumph 2000/2500 sedans sold here and
all the manual cars had o/d.
We just assumed that was normal. The ratios in the TR and sedan o/d boxes
were so close it didn't really matter. The gap between 2nd and 3rd was
slightly different, that was all. If you didn't know you could never tell.
 Good o/d gearboxes are fetching around A$800 ( USD475 ) now.  Reconditioned
ones are approx A$2,000 ( USD1,175)
Regards
Gary