Cool air intake for carbs.

To: "Web_disscusion List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cool air intake for carbs.
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 15:00:26 -0600
 I've got a question which may be of interest to some. Why do so many people
go to extreme lengths to route in inlet tube in front of the radiator? Yes to
get cool air to the carbs, but you'll be sucking air through a tube of say 3"
in diameter through one filter  which will restrict air somewhat.
  If I have two individual filter boxes that aren't restricted with the stock
single filter box setup, won't I be getting more air volume to the carbs than
through a single tube which both carbs suck through?
  Why is pulling warm air not as good as cool air from out side? I hope
someone gets the jist of my questions?

 What sort of difference does it really make?

I think I may have just opened a new can of worms, for Jim S.

Thanks guys!

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com
View My restoration @ (http://groups.msn.com/Richards69TR6Restoration)