Re: Tube shock conversion and hub rebuilders

To: ktnkt@cape.com (KTnKT)
Subject: Re: Tube shock conversion and hub rebuilders
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 18:46:16 -0800 (PST)
Kevin---Before you go to the expense of rebuilding the rear hub(s), try
switching the clicking wheel in question with one from the front.
It's my experience that wh U-joints go bad they start off by making
their sounds only when flexed, like with a load in the trunk, or loaded
from a weight shift. Later on they will vibrate enough to make it
obvious.

One would think that a tube shock kit that uses the same mounting points
as the stock lever shocks wouldn't cause additional stress. I'm waiting
for Mitch to tell me he likes his, then I'll do mine!

Dick T.