RE: Front suspension rebuild

To: skip@pobox.com, Rob Pennington <robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Subject: RE: Front suspension rebuild
From: Keith Meinhold <keith@navyboy.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 16:58:28 -0800
Thanks everyone for your great suggestions. I was going to wait to update,
but now is good a time as any.

I ordered the parts from BPNW last week and have already started the
rebuild.  I am checking my email at the moment because my spring compressor
is too big and I'm checking Sears.  I discovered that I need more parts than
I ordered.  The corrosion has already caused a few bolts to twist off (new
sway bar links to order), no matter how much PB Blaster and torch heat I
applied.

As for a digital camera - well said.  I already took a few digital pics
before I started and plan to throughout the disassembly and reassembly.

Keith Meinhold
66 Marston Avenue
San Francisco CA 94112

415 585 5998 H