Re: Front suspension rebuild

To: Rob Pennington <robp@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Re: Front suspension rebuild
From: Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 07:15:50 -0600
I will add a couple more comments to Rob's note.  If you don't have a
digital camera yet, this is the perfect excuse to get one.  When I pulled
the body on my TR-250 to make the same repairs you are contemplating, I took
lots of pictures.  They came in handy during the rebuild process.

My frame was in good shape and I was desperately trying to avoid catching
shipwright's disease, so although I pulled the tub, engine/trans and
completely disassembled the front suspension, I pretty much skipped the rear
end, and found a reputable welder with a portable rig to do the welding and
gusset installation.  That may save you some hassle trying to get the
no-longer-rolling car to a welder.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip@pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/)