Re: One more Hardtop question

To: 6 Pack TR6 List <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: One more Hardtop question
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:42:47 -0800
Jim and Larry,

There should be some gap between the round pads and the body.  This allows
for some flexing of the top when going over bumps, etc. otherwise the pads
are constantly rubbing against the rear deck's paint!

Yes, the top really does rest on the rear and side edges of the front edge
of the read deck.  The weather stripping acts as a "gasket".

Hope this helps...

Dave Stauffacher
Ramona, Ca
1970 TR6 PI ... with new refinished hard top

                    Larry_Montgomery@ci.long-b

                    each.ca.us                       To:     James Henningsen
<jdhenn@cfl.rr.com>
                    Sent by:                         cc:     6 Pack TR6 List
<6pack@autox.team.net>,
                    owner-6pack@autox.team.net
owner-6pack@autox.team.net
                                                     Subject:     Re: One more
Hardtop question

                    01/15/2002 10:43 AM

                    Please respond to

                    Larry_Montgomery

It appears to sit on two round pads (one at each corner).  However, mine
is adjusted (via the internal bolts) so that it sits on the weatherstrip
and the top "floats" about 1/16" above where these round pads would touch.
 I still have two problems with my top....the windows don't wind up to
fully meet the new weatherstrip, and the chrome trim around the bottom of
each rear "wing" doesn't meet the stainless trim across the bottom rear of
the top, across the rear window.  They were purchased from the Roadster
Factory, and are about 3/8" too short.  Any ideas?

James Henningsen <jdhenn@cfl.rr.com>
Sent by: owner-6pack@autox.team.net
01/14/2002 05:12 PM
Please respond to James Henningsen