Re: PDWA Repair

To: jdhenn@cfl.rr.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PDWA Repair
From: LaJoMor@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 18:06:14 EST
In a message dated 11/19/01 7:05:52 PM Mountain Standard Time,
jdhenn@cfl.rr.com writes:

> http://pages.prodigy.net/jdhenn/pdwa1.jpg

Jim....great picture. Since I have been unable to get my piston unit out it
is nice to know exactly what it looks like!

The PDWA on my 68 TR250 looks exactly like your unit. Some previous owner had
long ago plugged the switch hole and evidently the unit was operating just
fine by itself. At least when I drove it home it stopped! I have purchased a
new PDWA unit which supposedly fits later TR6s and it is NOT solid brass.
Looks much rougher and is of some cast metal. Definitely not as nice looking
but I must assume it will perform it's duty regardless.

There have been some recent threads about the little o-rings needed. I do not
recall any other specifics. Sorry....

Larry M
TR250