PDWA Repair

To: 6 Pack Digest <6pack@autox.team.net>, jdhenn@cfl.rr.com
Subject: PDWA Repair
From: Jim Henningsen <jdhenn@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 21:05:47 -0400
Hello fellow listers!
I am repairing my PDWA on my 75 TR6.  Not sure if this is the original,
but it is a  brass model PDWA.  I assume this is the late model.  See
picture at the following link.  It was simple to remove, just unscrew
the end plug and use long needle nose pliers to first, slighlty push out
the piston from the top switch opening and then secondly, pull out from
the end cap.  It really was easy... cool!  I then cleaned up the unit
with brass polish, it was originally painted with black undercoating.
Should have had a before picture.  What a difference.

 http://pages.prodigy.net/jdhenn/pdwa1.jpg

The picture shows the unit after I removed the shaft. My seals were
leaking fluid up through the electrical switch so I decided to rebuild.
Does anyone know where, or have a couple of new o-rings for hydraulic
fluid that fit this unit?

Many thanks!
Jim
75 TR6