Re: defective header/manifold and exhaust

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: defective header/manifold and exhaust
From: corey.sherman@rcn.com
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 13:35:18 -0400
This is very timely... I ordered last month a Stainless Steel Exhaust kit
(RR1167SS) from Rimmer Bros for my 71 TR6, and had various issues too.

Rimmer "Offer No.3 Atlanta Parts" sale basically offered parts that were
pre-shipped and duty paid to Atlanta -- a Stainless exhaust with shipping
for $205... not a bad deal.

The box arrived pretty beaten up by RPS (FedEx subcontrator) but that's
another story. After the installation, the muffler doesn't look quite
right. After installing the exhaust system, I noticed that the twin
tailpipes are not level - left pipe hangs lower than the right. I tried
adjusting my old brackets/straps, but they don't make up the difference. I
installed new straps form TRF, but no difference. The right of the muffler
can't be lowered due to the Breast Plate (Rimmer part: lower,RR1321).

I've written Rimmer, but their auto-mail reply states the sales rep won't
be back til May 29 (probably a typo, more likely August 29th).

Take a look at my pictures... any advice would be appreciated.

http://users.rcn.com/corey.sherman/exhaust/DSC00003.JPG
http://users.rcn.com/corey.sherman/exhaust/DSC00004.JPG
http://users.rcn.com/corey.sherman/exhaust/DSC00005.JPG
http://users.rcn.com/corey.sherman/exhaust/DSC00006.JPG