tvr

Re: Bowie MD show - return

To: Paul Tegler <ptegler@cablespeed.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Bowie MD show - return
From: "John T. Nichols" <jtnichols@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 17:51:15 -0400
Paul,

The Bowie TVR turnout was abysmal with only six or seven cars and only
two 280is but the TR3 display was worth the trip from darkest Prince
William. The fellow selling event t-shirts asked me about possible
venues in Prince William so this may well really have been the last year
at Bowie. The MGF was nice too. The new MGRover should get their act
together and get MG back to the US. After all TVR is making noises about
returning but is likely to be priced far to high for most people. MG
would be a good Miata/Honda/Toyota competitor. The Land Rover/Range
Rover folk were certainly out in force with a Land Rover based combat
car in the vendor area.

Let's hope a proper site is found for next that will allow more cars to
be displayed.

John T. Nichols
Manassas, VA
'58 TR3A TS32093L 'O'
'86 TVR 280i

Paul Tegler wrote:

> ...just got back from the Bowie show.
> Wow...why did they limit the field to only 400 cars.
> It seemed half empty.  I should have put Lil' Greenee
> on the field. There were only 1 (2?) CB Midgets there at
> noon.

///
///  tvr@autox.team.net mailing list
///