tvr

Hillclimbing Vixen

To: usa-tvr@yahoogroups.com, tvr@autox.team.net
Subject: Hillclimbing Vixen
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 23:00:41 EDT
Hello,

The Pennsylvania Hillclimb Association's first event of the year, The Pagoda
Hillclimb, was held on Saturday and Sunday in Reading, PA.  I was there with
my Vixen, hoping not to make the same mistake I made last year (the one that
resulted in me stuffing my car into the hillside).  About 52 cars entered.

Most of Saturday was washed out, but we did get two runs in before the rain
started.  Sunday morning was a little damp, but by 11am most of the course
was dry.  By 12:30 there wasn't a cloud in the sky, and conditions were
"perfect".

It was time to "rage up the road".  So that's what I did.  A total of 6 times
on Sunday.  All my runs were crash-free, though there was one episode that
could have gone either way :o).

The car ran great, and thanks to a genuine 4-wheel computer alignment
handling is improved.  My best time was 3 seconds faster than last year!  Not
good enough to win my class, though.  I got beat by a full-race MGB (I will
need to spend LOTS of $$$ to stand a chance of beating that car) and finished
in second place, ahead of a BMW 2002 and an Opel GT.

It was FUN!!!!  Next hillclimb June 30-July 1 in Weatherly, PA.

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA

///
///  tvr@autox.team.net mailing list