tvr

Re: Bowie MD show - return

To: "John T. Nichols" <jtnichols@earthlink.net>, owner-tvr@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Bowie MD show - return
From: George Czerw <gczerw@home.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 18:26:17 -0400
** Reply to message from "John T. Nichols" <jtnichols@earthlink.net>
on Sun, 24 Jun 2001 17:51:15 -0400

Sorry to learn that the TVR turnout was abysmal!  I was supposed to
go, but then couldn't get registered due to the 400 pre-registration
limit.  However, had I pre-registered, I might not have bothered
driving down through the monsoons we had up here yesterday.

Hopefully some of you will make it up to Woodwork 2001 in October!

George
'85 TVR 280i FHC #BFH1184
TVRCCNA Member #1090

> Paul,
>
> The Bowie TVR turnout was abysmal with only six or seven cars and only
> two 280is but the TR3 display was worth the trip from darkest Prince
> William. The fellow selling event t-shirts asked me about possible
> venues in Prince William so this may well really have been the last year
> at Bowie. The MGF was nice too. The new MGRover should get their act
> together and get MG back to the US. After all TVR is making noises about
> returning but is likely to be priced far to high for most people. MG
> would be a good Miata/Honda/Toyota competitor. The Land Rover/Range
> Rover folk were certainly out in force with a Land Rover based combat
> car in the vendor area.
>
> Let's hope a proper site is found for next that will allow more cars to
> be displayed.
>
> John T. Nichols
> Manassas, VA
> '58 TR3A TS32093L 'O'
> '86 TVR 280i
>

> Paul Tegler wrote:
> >
> > ...just got back from the Bowie show.
> > Wow...why did they limit the field to only 400 cars.
> > It seemed half empty.  I should have put Lil' Greenee
> > on the field. There were only 1 (2?) CB Midgets there at
> > noon.

///
///  tvr@autox.team.net mailing list
///