RE: [TR] the natural balance of straight six engines - why??

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] the natural balance of straight six engines - why??
From: "Biedermann, Frank (SSABSA)" <frank@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 09:58:45 +0930
Ted,

Autozine Technical School has a reasonable write-up of how the number of
cylinders and the packaging affects the balance... See:
http://www.autozine.org/technical_school/tech_index.html#Engine and follow the
links under the Engine Smoothness heading to go through the different packages
(I6, V6, V8, etc, etc). BTW, they also have an interesting bit about the VW
VR6, W8, etc, etc under Engine Packaging...

HTH,

Frank Biedermann
69 Triumph TR6 PI
Adelaide, Australia