RE: Reverse Gear on a '74 TR6

Subject: RE: Reverse Gear on a '74 TR6
From: "econrad" <econrad@teal.csn.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 09:06:57 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Well, I must admit that I've learned something from this thread.  I have a
problem clutch that I just haven't been able to adjust properly yet.  The
GRINDING when going into reverse was miserable.  However, based on some
advice by a listor that talked about MGs transmissions, last night I first
shifted into first, and then still with the clutch pedal depressed I shifted
into reverse.  WHAT A DREAM!!!!

While I know that the clutch still requires adjusting, it is definitely
livable now.

This brings me to a question.  I am now thinking that the heat from the
engine is causing my nylon clutch tube to expand, thereby causing a
reduction in hydraulic pressure.  I've considered switching to a steel pipe
from the clutch master cylinder to the slave.  However, I would then give up
any flex in the system.  Is there a stronger alternative to the nylon tube
that will hold up to heat and hydraulic pressure?

Thanks!

Eric Conrad
Denver, CO
econrad@teal.csn.net