Re: Reverse Gear on a '74 TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Reverse Gear on a '74 TR6
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 23:07:24 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Jim Davis wrote:

>       I don't know why some folks think the shift lever on a TR6 is
> supposed to be pulled up to properly engage reverse. Please explain it
> to me. The owners manual reprinted in the Bentley manual reads under
> the heading Gear Shift Lever(27):
> [snip]

On the TR2/3/4/250/5 and early 6, you have to lift the lever to clear a
step in order to move the lever into the reverse position.  In late TR6
the step was replaced by a ramp, so lifting is no longer required.

Chip Old               1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  XPAG7430  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland     1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO  CT3479E
fold@bcpl.net