Re: [Tigers] Ignition sw

To: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Ignition sw
From: Gary Winblad <winbladgary@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 08:49:49 -0800
Cc: Lance Beauchamp <blance598@gmail.com>, tigers@autox.team.net

--000000000000f87dfe0612eca1bf

Theo is shaking loose some of my old brain cells.
I had the rotating switch problem too.  I asked Paul Reisentz about it, he
told me about the stock square washer and gave me one.
When I went to put it in, I found I already had one.  The routered cutout
is too big, so Theo's custom part is the way to go to really
fix the problem.
Gary

On Tue, Mar 5, 2024 at 12:05=E2=80=AFAM Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca> wrote:

> This was also happening to me. The problem is that the cutout in the dash
> leaves not enough thickness for the ring nut to tightly hold the switch i=
> position before the nut is bottomed out.
> I addressed the issue by making an aluminum plate that snugly fits the
> routered cutout in the back side of the dash, as well as having a hole fo=
> the switch with flats that match those on the switch body. So the switch =
is
> prevented from rotating by the flats on the plate rather than by how tigh=
> the nut is.
>
> I think I used 1/16 inch thick sheet aluminum but anything near there wil=
> work.
>
> Theo
>
> > On Mar 4, 2024, at 9:16 PM, Lance Beauchamp <blance598@gmail.com> wrote=
:

> > =EF=BB=BF
> > I know this sounds weird but my ignition sw turns when I go to start
> the  car, I have to hold the sw with my left hand a d turn the key with m=
> right.what is going g on here.
> > I'm having my issues lately.  Doesn't matter how tight I turn the chrom=
> ring on the dash .
> > Beau

--000000000000f87dfe0612eca1bf

v><div>I had the rotating switch problem too.=C2=A0 I asked Paul Reisentz a=
bout it, he told me about the stock square washer and gave me one.</div><di=
v>When I went to put it in, I found I already had one.=C2=A0 The routered c=
utout is too big, so Theo&#39;s custom part is the way to go to really</div=
ass=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Tue, Mar 5, 20=
24 at 12:05=E2=80=AFAM Theo Smit &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tsmit@shaw.ca";>tsmit=
"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-le=
ft:1ex">This was also happening to me. The problem is that the cutout in th=
e dash leaves not enough thickness for the ring nut to tightly hold the swi=
tch in position before the nut is bottomed out. <br>
I addressed the issue by making an aluminum plate that snugly fits the rout=
ered cutout in the back side of the dash, as well as having a hole for the =
switch with flats that match those on the switch body. So the switch is pre=
vented from rotating by the flats on the plate rather than by how tight the=
 nut is. <br>
I think I used 1/16 inch thick sheet aluminum but anything near there will =
work. <br>
Theo<br>
&gt; On Mar 4, 2024, at 9:16 PM, Lance Beauchamp &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:blan=
ce598@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">blance598@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; =EF=BB=BF<br>
&gt; I know this sounds weird but my ignition sw turns when I go to start t=
he=C2=A0 car, I have to hold the sw with my left hand a d turn the key with=
 my right.what is going g on here. <br>
&gt; I&#39;m having my issues lately.=C2=A0 Doesn&#39;t matter how tight I =
turn the chrome ring on the dash .<br>
&gt; Beau<br>
m.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers"; rel=3D"noreferrer=