[Tigers] Dan's Disc Brakes

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Dan's Disc Brakes
From: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 06:44:20 -0800

--0000000000004cd62f0612eae132

I put Dan's disc brakes on my Alpine.  I absolutely love them.  They are
extremely balanced with the front.  They replaced the "self adjusting" rear
brakes that I had on there.  I don't think Tigers had those.  Also, I'm
running them with a .75" master and no servo.  Pedal effort feels perfect.
The handbrake was easy to modify the stock rod and use.

My Tiger is totally stock, with servo.  Extremely happy with those too.  I
do think that discs are overrated for road cars.

There are two things with the disc brakes that I've noted though.  First, I
was thinking of lowering my rear end a little.  But it looks to me like the
caliper will hit the arch in the frame right above the calipers if I lower
it too much.

Second, I'm getting an odd hydraulic thing.  Sometimes, after the car sits
for a few days (yes, I'm driving it a lot these days) when I first go to
drive it, the pedal has 1" of extra travel.  There is no loss of fluid.  As
soon as I do that first push, it is fine.  My sense is that a puck is held
back and has to reposition.  This wasn't happening before the discs.  So I
believe it is not the front calipers.  The calipers are the two piece
Saturn calipers where there is one puck.  I'd welcome any thoughts.

--0000000000004cd62f0612eae132

ly love them.=C2=A0 They are extremely balanced with the front.=C2=A0 They =
replaced the &quot;self adjusting&quot; rear brakes that I had on there.=C2=
=A0 I don&#39;t think Tigers had those.=C2=A0 Also, I&#39;m running them wi=
th a .75&quot; master and no servo.=C2=A0 Pedal effort feels perfect.=C2=A0=
>My Tiger is totally stock, with servo.=C2=A0 Extremely happy with those to=
/div><div>There are two things with the disc brakes that I&#39;ve noted tho=
ugh.=C2=A0 First, I was thinking of lowering my rear end a little.=C2=A0 Bu=
t it looks to me like the caliper will hit the arch in the frame right abov=
nd, I&#39;m getting=C2=A0an odd hydraulic thing.=C2=A0 Sometimes, after the=
 car sits for a few days (yes, I&#39;m driving it a lot these days) when I =
first go to drive it, the pedal has 1&quot; of extra travel.=C2=A0 There is=
 no loss of fluid.=C2=A0 As soon as I do that first push, it is fine.=C2=A0=
 My sense is that a puck is held back and has to reposition.=C2=A0 This was=
n&#39;t happening before the discs.=C2=A0 So I believe it is not the front =
calipers.=C2=A0 The calipers are the two piece Saturn calipers where there =
is one puck.=C2=A0 I&#39;d welcome any thoughts.</div></div>

--0000000000004cd62f0612eae132--

--===============5323087638713281048==