Re: [Tigers] Ignition sw

To: Gary Winblad <winbladgary@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Ignition sw
From: Lance Beauchamp <blance598@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 13:50:37 -0500
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net

--0000000000000d0e140612ee52f0

Thank you all, who said this site is fading away.
Great ideas, I do not see a square  washer so sounds like Theo's cure is
required.
Beau

On Tue, Mar 5, 2024, 11:49 AM Gary Winblad <winbladgary@gmail.com> wrote:

> Theo is shaking loose some of my old brain cells.
> I had the rotating switch problem too.  I asked Paul Reisentz about it, h=
> told me about the stock square washer and gave me one.
> When I went to put it in, I found I already had one.  The routered cutout
> is too big, so Theo's custom part is the way to go to really
> fix the problem.
> Gary
>

> On Tue, Mar 5, 2024 at 12:05=E2=80=AFAM Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>> This was also happening to me. The problem is that the cutout in the das=
>> leaves not enough thickness for the ring nut to tightly hold the switch =
in
>> position before the nut is bottomed out.
>> I addressed the issue by making an aluminum plate that snugly fits the
>> routered cutout in the back side of the dash, as well as having a hole f=
or
>> the switch with flats that match those on the switch body. So the switch=
 is
>> prevented from rotating by the flats on the plate rather than by how tig=
ht
>> the nut is.
>>
>> I think I used 1/16 inch thick sheet aluminum but anything near there
>> will work.
>>
>> Theo
>>
>> > On Mar 4, 2024, at 9:16 PM, Lance Beauchamp <blance598@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > =EF=BB=BF
>> > I know this sounds weird but my ignition sw turns when I go to start
>> the  car, I have to hold the sw with my left hand a d turn the key with =
my
>> right.what is going g on here.
>> > I'm having my issues lately.  Doesn't matter how tight I turn the
>> chrome ring on the dash .
>> > Beau

--0000000000000d0e140612ee52f0

=3D"auto">Great ideas, I do not see a square=C2=A0 washer so sounds like Th=
 Tue, Mar 5, 2024, 11:49 AM Gary Winblad &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:winbladgary@=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padd=
ing-left:1ex"><div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Theo is shaking loose some of my old br=
ain cells.</div><div>I had the rotating switch problem too.=C2=A0 I asked P=
aul Reisentz about it, he told me about the stock square washer and gave me=
 one.</div><div>When I went to put it in, I found I already had one.=C2=A0 =
The routered cutout is too big, so Theo&#39;s custom part is the way to go =
Tue, Mar 5, 2024 at 12:05=E2=80=AFAM Theo Smit &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tsmit@=