RE: rules rant no replies

To: "'Tony Drews'" <tony@tonydrews.com>, <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: rules rant no replies
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 12:54:36 -0500
I don't say "screw the 1275s".

I say let them run Group 8 with the other 1275s. Think anyone watching other
than a few have any idea which Bugeyes have 1275s in them when they watch
Group 2? (other than who wins?).

We have 1275s in Bugeyes because we let them do that. We've been letting
them do that for so long, now we grandfather them in. How is this different
from 350's in early Corvettes that we turn away? Why is it VARAC has a field
of 8 Bugeyes with 948's show up? Because they have a rule and they enforce
it. Why do guys want to run 1275s in Bugeyes? Well, he that wants to remain
un-named first said it was a cost and reliability factor. Now, it's a go
faster factor. Can't ride both sides of that fence, can ya?

All I want is a level playing field, and let preparation and driving skill
within the rules determine the outcome of our races.

Either be a club that lets everything run, or stick by your rulebook. Once
again, you can't ride both sides of that fence... especially after you were
making so much public noise about revisiting and enforcing our existing
rules.