RE: so, here's the deal... ELVF (long story)

To: "Team-Thicko@Autox. Team. Net" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: so, here's the deal... ELVF (long story)
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 18:10:23 +1000
Excellent!

John was guest of honour here in Melbourne for the 40th anniversary of
the Sprite (1998), and competed in the Lactos Heritage Rally (Rally
Tasmania that I have raved about to anyone who'll listen).

He tells excellent yarns of "the glory days", with amusing anecdotes
and a relaxed and charming style.

He is a genuine "nice guy", so much so that it is hard to see him as
the competitive young man that gave 110% on the track and on the great
rallies.

I had the pleasure (and the honour) to compete in the same event in '98
-- he in one of Tony Bennetto's bugeyes (his co-driver was Tony's son
Allan), and me in my bugeye (co-driver my fellow competitor and good
friend Peter Brice).

Say hello and share a pint for me please!

To think I *could* have organised my recent trip to have been in Sept
instead of August...

Mike